The date and exact location for this view of a group of Cleveland Regional Transportation Authority PCC cars, unit 52 in the foreground, are unknown. The photographer is probably David Leonard. The modern, streamlined streetcar design, of which there were more than 20 variations, was the inspiration of the Electric Railway Presidents' Conference Committee in the 1930s. Cleveland purchased 88 PCC cars in 1955 and 1958 to equip its rapid transit line. These cars survived into the 1980s before being replaced by cars of the LRV (Light Rail Vehicle) design.