Walter A. Peters snapped P-16B Pacific No. 5295 at Ridgely, in Springfield, after the Alton Route had passed into GM&O ownership; note the tender lettering for both railroad names, as on Nos. 5294 and 5296. Several features of the 1943-44 modernization, as described for No. 5296, are evident. Additionally, her tender has the head brakeman's "doghouse" over the water tank, similar to that found on the Alton's freight locomotives; several of the P-16B engines received this feature after diesels displaced them in passenger service so they could run out their modernization costs in local freight service. No. 5295 was torched in 1950.