This view from August 1961 is probably the southbound Limited at a grade crossing in Normal. The lead E7A unit, No. 102, appears to be trailed by two F units ("B" and "A"). The red and maroon color scheme was introduced on the Alton Limited on 1899 by prececessor Chicago & Alton. It was adopted by the GM&O when it took over the Alton Route, and continued in use until the late 1970s when it was still found on some F units. This span of eight decades must rank as one the longest-running color schemes in use by North American railroads.