This view of the Bloomington complex was taken from the Locust Street bridge in September 1954, shortly after our family had moved to Bloomington from Detroit. At left is the diesel house with servicing facilities, where we spot several road freight units. Behind it are the shop buildings. The yard tower is visible against the trees in the background, and an Alco road switcher is busy assigning cars to the appropriate track. The tracks at right, bypassing the yard, were used by passenger trains or other through movements. To view this scene as it appeared in 2006, click here.