Leaving the Bloomington station, we are about to cross the diamonds of the New York Central's Peoria & Eastern branch and the Nickel Plate's Peoria line, running side by side through Bloomington. Passenger trains of the P&E formerly stopped here until their discontinuance in 1957. The building at left, guarding the crossing, was known as "BN Target." This crossing was not an interlocking; all trains had to stop to obtain clearance. The Washington Street crossing is beyond the diamonds, and the Locust Street overpass is visible in the distance beyond the wye track leading to the Jacksonville line, and the transfer track to the NKP and P&E.