The American Locomotive Company's Schenectady plant erected the majority of the system's fleet of 4-6-4 or Hudson type locomotives. However, in 1931 the Boston & Albany took delivery of ten class J-2c Hudsons from Lima Locomotive Works, completing its small fleet of 4-6-4s; note the diamond-shaped Lima builder's plate above the cylinder on No. 616. Appearing here at Springfield, Massachusetts in 1946, No. 616 became NYC 5471 in 1951 after being reassigned to suburban service out of Weehawken, New Jersey. She was dropped from the roster in 1952. Carl Weber contributed the photo.