A group of elderly 4-6-0s that served commuters on the Putnam Division were some of the last steam locomotives to operate on the Central's eastern lines. No. 822, shown here at Yorktown Heights, New York in 1937, came from Alco's Schenectady works in 1906 as No. 2071, a member of the F-2a class. In 1917 she was superheated and reclassified to F-12a. Renumbered to 822 in 1936, she was renumbered again to 1235 in 1948, four years before being retired. The dimensions of these Ten-Wheelers included 69-inch drivers, 22x26-inch cylinders, and 200 pounds per square inch of boiler pressure. After being superheated they weighed 199,500 pounds and developed a tractive effort of 31,900 pounds. Wayne Koch provided the photo, but the photographer is anonymous.