The New York Central had its share of the popular Electro-Motive F-7 units. These first-generation cab units dominated the New York Central's earlier diesel freight traffic throughout the system until the appearance of the GP-7 hood units around 1950. This view of a three-unit F-7 combination was taken at the Detroit terminal in March 1954. A unit No. 1782 is joined by B unit No. 2436 and A unit No. 1882.