H-10b 2-8-2 No. 2391 takes on water at the depot in Vassar, Michigan, on the Michigan Central's line between Detroit and Bay City, in a photo by the late Dr. Robert Gildart of Albion College's English faculty. The winter-day photo is undated, but the post-1940 lettering style together with the antique automobile in the background (beyond the highway flashers) suggest a setting around 1947. No. 2391 was retired in 1953, when L-2 Mohawks no longer needed in the now-dieselized eastern NYC lines had displaced the hard-working H-10s in Michigan. Tom Bailey of Campbell, Texas, loaned this image from his collection.