Transferred to the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie in 1931 when displaced by the J-2 4-6-4s, the ex-Boston & Albany class K-6 Pacifics served effectively in their new assignment until their retirement. C. C. Bland of Pittsburgh photographed No. 9247, the former B&A No. 592, at McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania in September 1935. She was a member of the 1925 group from Alco's Brooks Works, and was sent to scrap in 1952. These K-6 engines were regarded as a superior example of the Pacific type, and might have achieved more renown had they not been so quickly overshadowed by the more advanced 4-6-4s and sent to a NYC System subsidiary, where they could not demonstrate their mettle on the upscale fleet of main line "varnish." For their specifications, see the commentary on B&A No. 595.