Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Alco FA1 722 was delivered in 1946. This photo, which may be a railroad publicity shot, was provided by Gary Thompson. The GM&O's Alco road units ran south of St. Louis on the "original" GM&O lines, whereas north of St. Louis was EMD territory as far as main line service was concerned. All GM&O Alco FA units were retired by the end of 1968, most of them several years earlier.