Illinois Terminal EMD GP7 1605 pairs with fellow GP7 Chicago & North Western 1518 for a spin around the Illinois Railway Museum on September 23, 1990. IT 1605 was an EMD product of 1953. The C&NW unit was built in 1949 and was numbered for General Motors before being sold to the North Western as its 1518 in 1950. In 1972 the C&NW's former Chicago Great Western shops rebuilt it as 4311. It was retired in 1986, at which time it was rebuilt, returned to its original number and donated to the Museum.